TERRE HAUTE, Ind. (WTHI) - The 2018 Special Olympics Summer Games have officially wrapped up in Terre Haute.
Organizers say it was another successful year.
Despite a few weather delays, they say they were pleased with the turnout.
Organizers estimate more than 6,000 people were in attendance at the events.
Organizers are working to clean-up the event areas.
At this point, we don't know how much money was raised, that number is expected to be released in the next few days.
- Special Olympics wrap in Terre Haute, organizers call it another successful year
- Mayor calls Terre Haute Clean-Up Day a big success
- Special Olympics return to Terre Haute next week
- Volunteers are needed for the Special Olympics in Terre Haute
- Thousands will visit Terre Haute for Special Olympics Summer Games
- Terre Haute receives special Cultural District Designation
- Terre Haute based bank received special recognition
- Special Olympics Economic Impact
- Two Terre Haute organizations partner to put on special concerts for kids
- Organizers see success in Earth Day celebration