TERRE HAUTE, Ind. (WTHI) - A 50-year-long tradition is set to continue next week.
Mark your calendars for June 8th through June 10th.
Special Olympics Indiana will return to Terre Haute for the annual summer games.
A record 2,745 athletes will gather on the campuses of Indiana State University and Rose-Hulman to compete in eight state-level sports.
1,100 coaches and 1,500 volunteers will also make the trek.
The summer games are open to the public and free to attend.
- Special Olympics return to Terre Haute next week
- Volunteers are needed for the Special Olympics in Terre Haute
- Thousands will visit Terre Haute for Special Olympics Summer Games
- Terre Haute receives special Cultural District Designation
- Terre Haute based bank received special recognition
- Special Olympics Economic Impact
- Special Olympics wrap in Terre Haute, organizers call it another successful year
- Special Olympics Summer Games in Terre Haute starting to take shape
- Terre Haute leaf pickup continues this week
- Newborns at Terre Haute hospital receive special gift