KNOX COUNTY, Ind. (WTHI) - Last week News 10 told you about JW Linenburg. He is a kindergartner at South Knox Elementary.
JW suffers from frequent seizures and may require brain surgery.
That's why the school pitched in together to hold a "penny war". On Thursday a special check presentation was held for JW and his family.
The school raised nearly $11,000. That money will go toward helping the Linenburg family with medical bills.
- South Knox Elem. students raise almost $11,000 for fellow student
- South Knox school holds fundraisers for fellow student in need
- South Knox renovations near completion
- Malware hits South Knox School Corporation
- North Knox receives grant funding to improve mental health options for students
- Three students honor Terre Haute South student that was killed in a car crash
- Terre Haute South student makes governor's STEM team
- South Korean Rose-Hulman students receive tour of WTHI's studio
- Terre Haute South Student Starts Addiction Support Group
- Minority students falling behind