TERRE HAUTE, Ind. (WTHI) - Dozens of dogs that were recently rescued are one step closer to being able to find a forever home.
Earlier this week, the Terre Haute Humane Society took in about 40 dogs.
45 dogs were living in a garage in Vigo County.
The Humane Society crated most of them for rehabilitation, the owner was able to keep six.
On Friday, we learned 14 of those dogs have been spayed and neutered.
Many of them are adjusting to socializing with people in their new environment.
Those dogs can be now be adopted with an approved application.
The Humane Society is now open from noon until 4:00 on Friday.
- Some of the rescued Vigo County dogs ready for adoption
- National Brittany Dog Rescue
- Vigo County EMA is always ready
- Sullivan County rescued dogs making big social improvements on their way to adoption
- Martin County Humane Society starts accepting applications to adopt dogs rescued in puppy mill
- One hospitalized after Vigo County water rescue
- Vigo County celebrates National Adoption Day with local families
- After major rescue operation, nine dogs adopted out from TH Humane Society
- Blaze the Arson Dog is Vigo County's newest deputy
- Rescued puppy mill dogs find new homes