VIGO CONTY, Ind. (WTHI) - Now that waters are beginning to recede, homeowners are faced with clean up.
One of the local companies that helps with that cleanup is SERVPRO of Vigo County.
The company told us few homes in the Wabash Valley have been affected thankfully. But that's not the case to our south.
"Our southern Indiana areas have went up dramatically more,” said Chad Overton, owner. “We actually just shipped equipment yesterday to the Louisville area and other resources to help put people back in the house faster..."
Flood waters can be dangerous because of the contaminants they bring and often times water in a basement or house will eventually develop mold.
- Some homeowners now cleaning up after flood issues
- Company will clean up bat issue at local middle school
- Overnight fire on Second Avenue 'suspicious'; Silver Alert issued for homeowner
- Program celebrates clean eating
- Flooded basements could cause issues you might not think about
- Volunteers help clean up community
- Clean-up continues after detailment
- Homeowner thinks space heater to blame for Friday night fire
- Brazil homeowner shoots an alleged intruder, investigation under prosecutor review
- Clean up event helps honor fallen veterans