TERRE HAUTE, Ind. (WTHI) - From seemingly leaky faucets to what appears to be mold.
Vigo County School Corporation leaders are addressing reported concerns at a Vigo County School.
"We do have issues that's why we've invited the community in to look behind the walls," Robin Smith, North Vigo high school principal said.
On Wednesday, a community member shared pictures and videos with us.
She said they are from inside Terre Haute North High School earlier this year.
Those photos made it to social media, catching the attention of school leaders.
In the video, you can see all sorts of potential problems...and even health hazards.
School officials told us these are no longer issues.
"Those photos are true, but they were not taken from yesterday and magically repaired today," Smith said.
They walked us through and gave our crew a look at what has been going on to keep safety a priority.
In a statement, the corporation said these problems are taken seriously.
School officials told us workers fixed most of the problems months ago.
"We do have issues that arise," She said. "We jump on them. We get them fixed. That's no secret."
Smith said the school is old and things of its age are going to have problems.
She said if she still had kids who were high school age she wouldn't have an issue with sending them to North.
She said everyone who works at the school puts the student's health and safety first, and she adds, the pictures aren't put into perspective.
"The perception that our kids are walking around in that every day," she said. "That is inaccurate."
The Vigo County School Corporation is aware of the problems in the older buildings, like North Vigo high school and they're working on a solution.
- Social media post shows Terre Haute North issues, school leaders respond
- Amazon partners with Terre Haute Post Office
- Launch Terre Haute hosts future business leaders
- Firefighters respond to Terre Haute house fire
- Police respond to stabbing in Terre Haute
- No updates from police after social media shooting threat at Terre Haute South
- 15-year-old arrested in connection to Terre Haute South social media threat
- Schedule for the Terre Haute Air Show
- Terre Haute Air Show New Information
- Terre Haute North welcomes new principal