COLUMBIA, S.C. (AP) - Students at six schools in South Carolina will get to leave early thanks to Beyonce and Jay-Z.
Officials with the Richland 1 School District said expected heavy traffic from a Columbia concert starring the two entertainers led them to close the schools after a half day on Aug. 21.
The district said in a statement that they worry if the schools dismiss at their regular times, buses will get caught in heavy traffic going to the show.
Beyonce and Jay-Z's "On the Run II" concert is being held at the University of South Carolina's 80,000-seat football stadium.
All other schools in Richland 1 will dismiss at their normal times.
- Snow day? No, Beyonce day lets SC students out early
- S.C. woman accused of killing husband with eye drops
- Cubs postpone home opener a day because of snow
- Vigo County students celebrate Arbor Day
- How were day one early voting numbers in Vigo County?
- New law lets students take unlimited dual-credit classes
- ISU Celebrates Founders Day
- Plan a vacation day
- National Donut Day
- Alzheimer's Association Longest Day