TERRE HAUTE, Ind. (WTHI)- Several parts of the Wabash Valley woke up to a wintry mix Wednesday morning.
Some areas experiences a period of freezing rain and sleet. Roadways are slushy in some places. Storm Team 10 say rain will continue to move through the area and through the morning.
Terre Haute city crews say they are preparing for the dose of winter weather. They spend part Tuesday filling potholes. The other half was spent prepping roadways for the incoming mixed bag of weather headed our way.
Vermillion, Parke, and Sullivan county could see more snow. Dispatchers say roads are very slick and in some places there is ice. Vermillion county dispatch says they're starting to get snow covering roads. The Indiana Department of Transportation (INDOT) say they have layed down salt mix on roads.
Police are reminding you to use caution and slow down.
- Slick road conditions Wednesday
- Minor injuries reported after morning crash caused by slick conditions
- Real Time Road Conditions
- Slick start to Monday morning
- Tips to stay safe when the roads get slick
- Real time road conditions maps
- Road conditions in real time
- Icy road conditions expected later in weekend
- Snow and Slick Roads: Make sure you are ready before you get behind the wheel
- Person in critical condition after Wednesday night car/pedestrian accident