TERRE HAUTE, Ind. (WTHI) - The Winter Solstice is here and The Sisters of Providence at St. Mary-of-the-Woods held a celebration on Thursday evening.
Their theme for the event was hope.
They talked about keeping hope alive through practice, like prayer and praise.
The Sisters gather at the start of each season.
They say we each play a role in the hope and care of the world.
"Each of us can step up more to hope and to be the hope in the world, by how we behave ourselves, by how we act toward one another," Sister Mary Montgomery said.
The Sisters say one way you can be hopeful is by helping others.
- Sisters of Providence hold Winter Solstice celebration
- Summer Solstice Facts
- Sisters of Providence hold prayer and blessing for motorcyclist
- Sisters of Providence host annual Easter brunch
- Sisters of Providence hosts Mother's Day brunch
- Volunteer program helps both teens and the Sisters of Providence
- Sisters of Providence digitize Saint Theodore Guerin's works
- Sisters of Providence release statement condemning federal executions
- Sisters of Providence host prayer circle to support immigrant families
- Big Brothers, Big Sisters to hold weekend meet and greet