VIGO COUNTY, Ind. (WTHI) - Protocol for missing children with disabilities is about to change in Indiana.
Beginning July 1, statewide silver alerts will include children with a disability or mental illness.
Silver alerts do not include children currently.
Lawmakers voted to change the law because of the increased danger a disabled child could face.
Hoosiers will see this new change in situations like Monday’s search in Vigo County.
- Silver Alerts to now include disabled children
- Silver Alerts will soon include "Missing Endangered Children"
- Indiana Silver Alert Declared
- Silver Alert cancelled for Miami County woman
- Silver Alert issued for missing Bedford man
- Silver Alert continues, police need your help
- Silver Alert issued for Greene County man
- Silver Alert cancelled for missing Linton man
- Silver Alert issued for missing Indiana woman
- Statewide Silver Alert canceled for Mishawaka man