SULLIVAN COUNTY, Ind. (WTHI) - A social media hoax is causing concern in Sullivan County.
Sheriff Clark Cottom says the worry began in the community late Wednesday night.
That's after a Facebook post was shared locally.
The post "loosely" referred to "SHS" as in Sullivan High School.
Cottom says the original post originated out of Ohio.
It was investigated and determined to be a hoax.
Sullivan County sheriff officials have notified local school administrators.
- Sheriff says no credible threat against school
- Two students taken into custody after threats made at Loogoottee High School; officials report neither threat credible
- Indianapolis Archdiocese says charge against priest credible
- Indianapolis Archdiocese lists 23 credibly accused priests
- Suspect in Paris High School threat identified
- Richland Co. Schools respond to school violence threats
- Clergy with Wabash Valley ties named in 'credible allegations' list by Evansville Catholic Diocese
- Olney Police investigating four written school shooting threats
- After threats on Friday, southern Indiana school holds safety forum
- Juvenile detained in connection with Sullivan County school threats