TERRE HAUTE, Ind. (WTHI) - A high school-aged girl is expected to survive after an attempted hanging at the Vigo County Juvenile Center, according to Sheriff John Plasse.
Emergency responders were called to the facility around 10:30 Thursday morning. Sheriff Plasse explained a detention officer saw the girl and was able to get her help.
She was transported to a local hospital and is expected to be "okay."
If you or someone you know is struggling with suicidal thoughts, help is available through the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 1-800-273-8255.
- Sheriff: Female juvenile survives suicide attempt at Juvenile Center
- Vigo County Juvenile Center getting upgrades
- LOCATED: Greene Co. Sheriff's Dept. finds missing juvenile
- Juvenile in custody after stabbing report
- Juvenile to be charged as an adult for Parke County attempted murder
- Vigo County teen earns his diploma, while in the Juvenile Center
- Police recover two stolen handguns, juvenile in custody
- Missing juvenile reported in Greene County; last seen in Linton
- Kentucky shooting suspect ordered held in juvenile court
- Two juveniles charged with arson after Washington, Ind. house fire