TERRE HAUTE, Ind (WTHI) - News 10 has confirmed that Vigo County Sheriff Greg Ewing has suspended the special deputy privileges of former Vigo County School Superintendent Dr. Daniel Tanoos.
Tanoos has served as a special deputy for many years.
In a statement from Ewing, he says:
"Mr. Danny Tanoos who has served as a special deputy with the Sheriff’s Office for many years was suspended yesterday following the criminal charges filed in Marion County. Mr. Tanoos’ special deputy status is contingent upon his duties with the school system. As a result of his administrative suspension by the school board, the nexus no longer exists and therefore his special deputy status has been suspended pending the outcome of this case."
- Sheriff suspends Tanoos' Special Deputy privileges
- Court to consider Tanoos appeal
- Dec 6th trial date set for Tanoos
- "Seuss Tanoos" says goodbye after a 10-year long tradition
- Danny Tanoos wraps up his last day as superintendent
- Statements from VCSC officials about felony charges Tanoos faces
- Former VCSC Superintendent Danny Tanoos faces three felony bribery charges
- Company implicated in Tanoos charges, Energy Systems Group, releases statement
- Statement on Danny Tanoos from the Vigo County School Corporation
- Tanoos's attorneys release a statement on his behalf