VIGO COUNTY, Ind. (WTHI) - A shortage of towels at the Vigo County Jail left some inmates using bed sheets.
Sheriff John Plasse told News 10 jail staff handed out all available towels to inmates, however, the supervisors on duty were not notified.
That left about a dozen inmates without towels.
Sheriff Plasse said the issue was handled within 24-hours.
He told us all staff has been given the proper guidelines should something like this ever happen again.
- Sheets instead of towels? Vigo County Sheriff tells News 10 supervisors were not notified about the shortage
- Vigo County School Corporation announces new communication supervisor
- Bus Driver Shortage Across Indiana Hits Vigo County
- Commissioner tells News 10 Vigo County 911 Director Rob McMullen terminated
- Vigo County Sheriff's Office set to receive new vehicles
- New Vigo County Sheriff's Office K9 starts training
- Vigo County Sheriff's Office welcomes a new K9
- Vigo County Public Library holds Story Telling Festival
- Vigo County trying to stay ahead of teacher shortage, new approaches in the works
- New Year; New Faces! The new Vigo County Sheriff is getting down to business