TERRE HAUTE, Ind. (WTHI) - Spring is finally settling in, which means more and more people are going to be outside.
Being outdoors in a storm can be dangerous, but you can do a few things to minimize that risk.
First and foremost, always check the weather.
Simply staying informed can be the biggest help.
Knowing when a watch is issued means you pay closer attention, and when a warning is issued, you're taking action.
With warmer weather comes outdoor activities such as ball games.
Storm Team 10 is always monitoring severe weather for you, but if a storm pops up when you're outside, just get to the nearest shelter.
Severe weather comes in all forms, at all times.
Stick with Storm Team 10 this week for continued coverage on what you can do to keep you and your family safe this severe weather season.
- Severe Weather Preparedness Week underway
- Severe Weather Preparedness Week Underway
- Severe Weather Preparedness Week
- Severe Weather Preparedness: Flooding
- Severe Weather Preparedness Week Taking Action
- Vehicle Winter Weather Preparedness
- Winter weather home preparedness kit
- Prepare now: this week is Winter Weather Preparedness Week
- Winter Weather Preparedness Week underway - here's what you need to stay safe as cold weather hits the area
- Severe Weather Prep. Week: Storm Spotters