VIGO COUNTY, Ind. (WTHI) - State Police Trooper Sgt. Matt Ames confirms one person has died from the accident. Trooper Ames says in total, two commercial motor vehicles (semi trucks), and five passenger vehicles were involved. News 10 will continue to follow this story.
VIGO COUNTY, Ind. (WTHI) - We continue to follow a developing story this morning involving a serious crash on Interstate 70.
The accident happened at the 11 mile marker, westbound on I-70. News 10's Garrett Brown arrived on-scene shortly after 10.
He witnessed at least two semis, one other car, and a truck pulling a camper involved in the accident.
He says one of the cars had been destroyed by flames.
At this time, both lanes of I-70 at the 11 mile marker are closed. Please avoid the area if you can.
News 10 spoke with Indiana State Police Trooper Matt Ames. He says a crash reconstructionist is headed to the scene. He says the road will be closed for an extended period of time.
Again, this is at the 11 mile marker west bound on Interstate 70 near State Road 46.
- Several vehicles involved in I-70 Crash
- Crash involves several parked vehicles
- Police identify the man involved in deadly I-70 crash
- Crash involving three semis backs up I-70 for hours
- US to probe fatal I-70 crash involving Tesla Model 3
- Police investigating crash on I-70
- I-70 reopened after fatal crash
- Two ejected from uCabbi taxi in single-vehicle I-70 crash
- Heavy rain to blame for I-70 crash
- Victims names released from Saturday I-70 crashes