WABASH VALLEY, Ind. (WTHI) - Several Wabash Valley Fire Departments have received a boost in funding.
The Indiana Department of Natural Resources Division of Forestry Awarded 46-Indiana counties' volunteer fire assistance grants.
The grants total more than $297,000.
The money will be used for training, install dry hydrants, or purchase necessary equipment.
Volunteer departments in Clay, Daviess, Greene, Knox, Parke, Sullivan, and Vermillion Counties received funding.
Each department received anywhere from $1,000 to $5,000.
- Several Wabash Valley fire departments receive grants
- Two Wabash Valley towns receive DNR grants
- Wabash Valley school receives national honors
- Three Wabash Valley schools receive 4-Star status
- Two Wabash Valley schools receive STEM certification
- Wabash Valley fire department creates unique American flag
- Wabash Valley fire department puts drone program to work
- Rural, volunteer fire departments receive grants administered by DNR Forestry
- 9 non-profits receive grant money from Wabash Valley Comm. Foundation
- Wabash Valley kids explore the Wabash River