TERRE HAUTE, Ind. (WTHI) - The days are numbered for Terre Haute's Sears location.
That's according to a sign a News 10 staffer saw at the entrance to the Honey Creek Mall location on Monday.
The sign says the store is in its last seven days.
We first reported Sears would be closing the Honey Creek Mall location back in October.
Liquidation sales started soon after that.
On Friday night, a hedge fund controlled by Eddie Lampert bid $4.4 billion for the company's operating assets.
The deal by Sears' chairman would keep about 425 Sears and Kmart stores open for business — 260 or so fewer than the retailer had when it filed for bankruptcy on October 15.
- Seven days left: Sears' days are numbered in Terre Haute
- Terre Haute's Labor Day Parade
- West Terre Haute crash left residents in the dark
- Mother-Daughter team opens Terre Haute day spa
- Saint Patrick's Day parade kicks off in downtown Terre Haute
- Terre Haute offers free city bus rides on election day
- Terre Haute Air Show is just 58 Days Away
- Mayor calls Terre Haute Clean-Up Day a big success
- Terre Haute to offer free bus rides on Election Day
- Annual Veterans Day Parade set for Sunday in Terre Haute