LYFORD, Ind. (WTHI) - A woman is in serious condition after police say she crashed into a semi in Parke County.
Officials say the driver of the truck was hauling grain from bins along U.S. 41, about half a mile north of the Lyford Y.
Police say the truck driver was turning left when the female driver of a passenger car that was heading south collided with the side of the truck.
The initial call came in around 2:40 Wednesday afternoon.
The driver of the car was airlifted to an Indianapolis hospital with serious injuries.
The truck driver was not injured.
Police say they don't believe speed was a factor in the crash.
No citations have been issued at this time, and all lanes have reopened.
- One woman airlifted after serious crash in Parke County near Lyford
- Parke County man airlifted after lawnmower accident
- 69-year-old Truck driver airlifted after Parke County semi crash
- Two children airlifted after Vermillion County crash
- Vermillion County crash ends with one airlifted
- Lyford project turned dangerous
- Lyford Y closure pushed back
- Lyford T reopens to traffic
- At least one airlifted after eastern Vigo County crash
- One person airlifted after eastern Vigo County crash