VIGO COUNTY, Ind. (WTHI) - The sentencing date for Franklin Fennell has been released.
Former Vigo County School Facilities Director Franklin Fennell was found guilty on all 12 charges back in December.
Those charges break down to nine counts of wire fraud, two counts of lying to federal investigators, and one count of stealing government funds.
This investigation started with a kickback scheme that the government says was between Mike Pick, owner of M & P Properties, Frank Shahadey, former deputy sheriff for the Vigo County Sheriff's Office, and Franklin Fennell, the former facilities director of the Vigo County School Corporation.
In that kickback scheme, the government says that Shahadey and Fennell both pocketed at least $110,000. Shahadey was sentenced to 16-months in prison in October of 2017 for his part of this investigation.
Fennell faces 30-37 months in prison. His sentencing date has been scheduled for April 19 at 1:30 p.m. in Indianapolis.
News 10 will continue to follow this story and bring you the latest when information becomes available.
- Sentencing date released for Franklin Fennell
- Franklin Fennell has filed to appeal his verdict and sentence
- Locked up: Franklin Fennell starts his federal prison sentence
- Franklin Fennell appeals federal restitution amount
- Franklin Fennell requests court-appointed attorney days after receiving his sentence
- VERDICT: Jury makes decision in Franklin Fennell trial
- Franklin Fennell found guilty on all charges; so what's next?
- The deadline has passed, where is Franklin Fennell?
- Fennell sentenced: 24-months plus $110,000 in restitution
- Fennell sentencing set for Thursday; faces three years in prison