Photo Gallery 1 Images
SULLIVAN, Ind. (WTHI) - Two people were injured after a semi crashed into a home in Sullivan on Sunday evening.
The accident happened at the corner of U.S. Highway 41 and Washington Street in Sullivan.
Sullivan County Sheriff Clark Cottom stated there were two people inside the home at the time of the crash. They have been identified as Julie and Robert Pierce. Julie told our crew on the scene that she was inside her home office when it happened.
Neither inside the home was injured, but the driver of the semi and a passenger were transported for non-life threatening injuries.
The driver of the semi has been identified as Daryl Shorter and the passenger has been identified as Caleb Hancock. Crews on scene worked for almost an hour to get both out of the semi.
Police say shorter was driving with a suspended license at the time of the crash.
Both were taken to Terre Haute Regional Hospital. Hancock has been released and Shorter is listed in good condition.
At this time police do not know what caused this accident.
- Two injured after semi crashes into home in Sullivan on Sunday evening
- Driver seriously injured in semi crash
- One person seriously injured after Sullivan County crash
- One dead, one seriously injured in Sullivan County crash
- Fire crews called to Sullivan County semi fire
- Morning crash involves school bus and semi
- One injured in early-morning crash involving dump truck and semi.
- Early Morning Fatal Crash in Sullivan County
- Driver nearly impaled after Sullivan County crash
- Pedestrian fatally struck in Sullivan County crash