SEELYVILLE, Ind (WTHI) - People in Seelyville will soon be paying more on their sewer bills..
After hearing public comment, city leaders voted to increase the town's sewer and water rates. The increase brings a new monthly minimum, along with a fee for storm water. It's a 19% increase, but that could change.
It will help pay for the cost of the town's operating system.
Nearly 30 people turned out to give their input. And some who live in the area say they aren't happy the measure passed.
Because of the input given, leaders voted to implement the increase over time.
A portion of that increase will go into effect immediately. The rest is stair-stepped. It will go up again January first 2020.
- Seelyville sewer rates will increase
- Seelyville boil order lifted
- Sullivan residents avoid sewer rate hike
- Report: Indiana suicide rate increases
- Crime Stoppers: The Seelyville Dollar General theft
- Crews begin demolition of Seelyville building
- Hydrant flushing for Seelyville Water Works Customers
- Seelyville awarded state grant to improve roads
- 200 jobs could come to Seelyville, board talks tax abatements
- 200 new jobs on the way to Seelyville