PARKE COUNTY, Ind. (WTHI) - One person was arrested and police are searching for a second in connection to a Thursday night police chase.
According to police, the Clay County Sheriff's Office tried to pull over a vehicle in Brazil that was reported stolen in Vigo County.
The driver of the vehicle sped up and led them on a chase that entered Parke County.
Police said the engine in that vehicle failed, prompting a man who they believe to be 31-year-old Joshua Johnson from Terre Haute to jump out and run into a wooded area.
A second person in the vehicle, 25-year-old Megan Pittsenbarger, of Brazil, was immediately arrested.
Police searched for Johnson for several hours, using a K9 and a drone, but ultimately called off the search.
If you know where Johnson is, you are asked to call the Clay County Sheriff's Office at 812-446-2535.
Pittsenbarger was charged with criminal conversion, obstruction of justice, and assisting a criminal.
- Search continues for man wanted in connection to Clay/Parke County police chase, one arrested
- One in custody as police search for another suspect involved in Clay/Parke County chase
- Police search for man wanted in connection to several warrants
- Police continue search for man involved in Friday night chase
- Wanted Parke County woman arrested
- Man wanted in Clay County in connection to drug sweep now behind bars
- Putnam County man arrested after alleged two county police chase
- Clay County man arrested after reports of battery in Parke County
- Man wanted in connection to Terre Haute shooting arrested
- UPDATE: Police identify man wanted in connection to battery investigation