SULLIVAN COUNTY, Ind. (WTHI) - One local school is taking a new approach to getting their kids ready for testing.
It involves running an obstacle course to help them focus.
Rural Community Academy has started a Vestibular Obstacle Course.
Vestibular is the part in your ears that helps with balance.
The school has seen, through studies, that this is a system that needs to be exercised.
This is the first time the school has tried the active obstacle course.
"It's almost like they got all their jitters out and they got to move around. So I have seen a definite increase in their attention span as well," Teacher Cora Jo Cox said.
Right now, only the third graders are running through the course, before testing.
Soon they want to have all grades give it a try to help with focus.
- Terre Haute event focuses on women's health
- Vermillion County Cleanup fast approaching
- Back to School Bang focuses on health and wellness for school year
- Police approach two kids playing basketball, what happened next has gone viral
- Meeting in Sullivan County focuses on drug prevention
- Indiana governor plans auto-focused trade trip to Italy
- Event focuses on photography as form of meditation and prayer