SULLIVAN, Ind. (WTHI) -- A Wabash Valley school corporation plans to use grant money for an educational solar energy system.
The Southwest School Corporation is the winner of a $10,000 grant. The district accepted the check at the Sullivan High School football game Friday night.
It won the money for the America's Farmers Grow Rural Education program.
The money will be used to teach students about renewable energy at the Agriculture Education Center. The center is west of Sullivan Middle School.
Local farmers nominated the school for the grant.
- School corporation wins $10k grant for renewable energy education
- Vigo County School Corporation could file a lawsuit against Energy Systems group
- Clay Community Schools receive grant to encourage college educations
- Duke Energy grants benefit two Vigo County organizations
- Vigo County School Corporation releases survey results
- Vigo County School Corporation discusses ILearn results
- Vigo County School Corporation Releases Enrollment Information
- Energy bill saving tactics
- Two high school students raise $10k to support the fight against breast cancer
- Vigo County School Corporation hires communication director, a new position for the corporation