TERRE HAUTE, Ind. (WTHI) - The Vigo County School Board has voted, and it is now official.
Dr. Robert Haworth is the next superintendent of the Vigo County School Corporation.
The school board voted on Monday to make his contract official.
LINK | SCHOOL BOARD PRESIDENT "VERY PLEASED" WITH THEIR CHOICE OF NEW SUPERINTENDENT
The announcement that Haworth was the school corporation's choice was made back on May 24th.
Haworth comes to Vigo County from Elkhart Community Schools.
Former long-time superintendent Dr. Danny Tannoos announced his retirement earlier this year.
News 10's Alia Blackburn will have much more on this announcement coming up at 10:00 on myFOX 10 and 11:00 on News 10 Nightwatch.
- It's Official: Dr. Robert Haworth official voted in as next VCSC superintendent
- Dr. Haworth talks safety at first school board meeting as superintendent
- Public input needed in VCSC superintendent search
- VCSC board hears concerns regarding superintendent search
- Statements from VCSC officials about felony charges Tanoos faces
- Public hearing set to discuss new VCSC superintendent's contract
- Former VCSC Superintendent Danny Tanoos faces three felony bribery charges
- VCSC superintendent discusses the creation of new oversight committee
- Superintendent Haworth weighs in on Tanoos developments, school board to meet again Tuesday
- ISU Board officially votes in new president