TERRE HAUTE, Ind. (WTHI) - The Terre Haute Firefighters Union is promoting a program called Close Before You Doze.
The idea of the campaign is simple: close the door to your bedroom before you go to sleep.
You may be asking why this message is so important?
Officials say it's because fires have become more dangerous than ever. They say between modern synthetic construction materials, furniture, and contemporary layouts of homes, a fire spreads and becomes toxic much faster.
Officials add a closed door can slow the spread of the fire. It can also reduce toxic smoke levels, improve oxygen levels, and lower temperatures dramatically.
Those are all factors that could make a life-saving difference in your home.
To check out more about the Close Before You Doze program, click here.
- Saving lives by closing doors
- Police in Linton warn about door to door scam
- Police credit airbags for saving lives in early morning crash
- Emergency SOS feature on Apple devices could save lives
- School bus stop arm cameras are to helping save lives
- Vigo County School board announces closed-door executive session meeting later this week
- Schools consider door locks to protect students
- New east side hotel opens its doors
- Energy bill saving tactics
- VU falls short with blood drive goals, but still has enough to save 249 lives