TERRE HAUTE, Ind. (WTHI) - The Terre Haute Firefighters Union is promoting a program called Close Before You Doze.
The idea of the campaign is simple: close the door to your bedroom before you go to sleep.
You may be asking why this message is so important?
Officials say it's because fires have become more dangerous than ever. They say between modern synthetic construction materials, furniture, and contemporary layouts of homes, a fire spreads and becomes toxic much faster.
Officials add a closed door can slow the spread of the fire. It can also reduce toxic smoke levels, improve oxygen levels, and lower temperatures dramatically.
Those are all factors that could make a life-saving difference in your home.
To check out more about the Close Before You Doze program, click here.
- Saving lives by closing doors
- Edgar County Jail has plans to close its doors
- Long-time Robinson business set to close its doors
- One long time company in Illinois is closing its doors
- Terre Haute restaurant announces it will close its doors
- Terre Haute restaurant closes its doors for good
- Long time Terre Haute Company officially closing it's doors
- New three digit hotline could save lives
- Police in Linton warn about door to door scam
- Police credit airbags for saving lives in early morning crash