TERRE HAUTE, Ind. (WTHI) - A new program in Terre Haute is helping children learn a variety of skills.
The Salvation Army is 'Take It On Thursdays.
It is a life skill and character-building program. Workshops will teach children everything from how to take care of a pet to how to use tools.
It's open to all kids in kindergarten through sixth grade.
The best part is the cost, it will only set you back one buck per week.
Those behind the program say they want to help prepare kids at an early age.
Workshops start on October 3 and run every Thursday through December 5.
To register, head to their offices on South 8th Street in Terre Haute.
- Salvation Army set to start a new program, teaching kids a variety of skills
- Salvation Army starts new program to help deal with divorce
- Salvation Army begins Christmas program signups
- Community Spotlight: Salvation Army
- Donations needed to avoid cuts to Salvation Army programs
- Local Salvation Army starts sign-ups for holiday help
- Salvation Army set to roll out the red kettles
- Salvation Army hosts stuff the bus campaign
- Salvation Army passes its yearly fundraising goal
- Local park hosts Junior Ranger Series to teach kids outdoor skills