TERRE HAUTE, Ind. (WTHI) - A local group is training so they can better help you in disasters.
The Salvation Army is preparing to go through a training course.
The goal is to be prepared to serve those in need during a tragedy.
Your help is needed because the course is open to volunteers.
"They're the army behind The Amry...that's what we say, so we could never do the ministries and the other programs that we offer without our volunteers," Sue Linden from The Salvation Army said.
Save the date for March 2nd.
The course starts at 8:30 a.m. at the Salvation Army in Terre Haute.
You can register earlier that morning...or do it now right here.
It's open for people 16-years-old and older.
It costs $20.
That payment covers your certificate, training material, and food for the day.
- Salvation Army set to hold disaster training...and it's open to the public
- Salvation Army to offer emergency disaster relief training
- Community Spotlight: Salvation Army
- Salvation Army holds sign-ups for holiday help
- Salvation Army set to roll out the red kettles
- Salvation Army begins Christmas program signups
- ISU holds public auction
- Volunteers go through disaster relief training
- Salvation Army short of goal, you can still help
- Kroger and the Salvation Army team up to raise money