VIGO COUNTY, Ind. (WTHI) - A new clinic is offering easy access to health care.
Saint Mary-of-the-Woods College held a ribbon cutting Friday for their new facility.
The clinic is on the college's campus and is open to SMWC students and staff as well as the Sisters of Providence.
Patients can get flu shots, some health treatments, lab tests, and physical exams. A nurse practitioner and support staff will run the clinic.
The clinic is in collaboration with Union Medical Group.
“Improving access and providing points throughout, really close to home, in this case, where the students attend here at Saint Mary-of-the-Woods,” explained Steve Holman, President and CEO, Union Medical Group. “Just as good for all. Many times, it means providing services from a wellness prospective so they don't get sick.”
The clinic opened about one month ago and they say they've already been very busy with the flu season.
- Saint Mary-of-the-Woods opens new health clinic on campus
- Saint Mary-of-the-Woods celebrates 182nd commencement
- Saint Mary-of-the-Woods Band holds special Christmas concert
- Saint Mary-of-the-Woods kicks off homecoming celebrations
- Students receive degrees at Saint Mary-of-the-Woods Commencement Ceremony
- O'Shaughnessy Hall at Saint Mary-of-the-Woods temporarily closed due to mildew issues
- Mother-daughter hosts of HGTV show speak on leadership at Saint Mary-of-the-Woods
- Singers from all over the country perform at Saint Mary-of-the-Woods
- 'It's just about making someones day,' teens volunteer with elderly at Saint Mary-of-the-Woods
- Saint Mary-of-the-Woods welcomes record-setting new class for move-in day