VIGO COUNTY, Ind. (WTHI) - 11 years of celebrating traditions, new and old, was the focus on Saturday.
It was homecoming weekend at Saint Mary-of-the-Woods College.
The committee has been hard at work all summer to create a week's worth of celebrations and activities.
This year's theme was "Electric Avenue".
While homecoming is open to everyone, some said there's nothing like reconnecting with familiar faces.
"We are such a tight-knit community," said Alumni Relations Director Susan Turner, "We really are a family. So it's fun to see people from across the parking lot and they run to each other and they hug, it's just a really fun time."
A new face was also added to The Woods family on Saturday. Onyx was unveiled as the school's official mascot.
- SMWC holds 11th annual homecoming
- SMWC Announces Tuition Guarantee
- Terre Foods Cooperative holds 11th Annual Blueberry Festival
- SMWC start accepting entries for Terre Haute's annual Christmas parade
- SMWC launches their Aspire Higher campaign
- ISU Homecoming events underway
- Indiana State University celebrates homecoming with annual parade
- SMWC announces Phase Two of Strategic Plan, New Logo
- Lost Creek Elementary holds annual Christmas program
- ISU holds annual Tech Connections event