BLOOMFIELD, Ind. – A hot rod car, pink ladies and t-birds are bringing Grease to life on stage at the Shawnee Theatre.
The performance includes an array of young artists from across the country. Grease wraps up the 2019 show season, but it’s not the only milestone the theatre is celebrating. Shawnee Theatre is celebrating sixty years of entertainment.
The theatre is a special place for many members of Greene County.
Producing Artistic Director, Bri Lindsey, says one couple has been purchasing season tickets for sixty years.
"This is part of their culture," Lindsey says. "People get excited to get their season tickets and to see what we have to offer."
- Shawnee Theatre celebrates 60 years
- WV Human Resources Association Celebrates 60 Years
- Terre Haute Savings Bank employee celebrates 60 years with the company
- Work begins on Pantheon Theatre
- Craft bazaar celebrates 13th year
- Indiana Theatre gets musical on Friday night
- Plans accepted for Pantheon theatre project
- Clay County theatre receives big donation
- Documentary shines the spotlight on Indiana Theatre
- Auto Hill Climb celebrates 50 years