INDIANAPOLIS, Ind. (WTTV) – Drivers will return to the Indianapolis Motor Speedway Wednesday for Indy 500 practice.
Public gates open at 10 a.m. Indianapolis 500 practice begins at 11 a.m. and is scheduled to last until 6 p.m.
Here’s a look at the schedule:
8 a.m.-6 p.m.: Ticket and Credential Office Open
10 a.m.: Public Gates Open
11 a.m.-6 p.m.: Indianapolis 500 Practice
6 p.m.: Public Gates Close
TICKETS: $15 (General Admission). Kids 15 and under are free accompanied by adult with ticket. On Wednesday, May 16, IMS also would like to thank first responders for all they do. As a thank you, first responders and their families are encouraged to join us for a free day at the track*. Wristbands for pit and garage access will also be available to first responders and one guest** who show their department ID at our trackside credential office. For more information, please contact your department’s public information officer.
*Tickets are still required for gate admission. First responders are encouraged to contact their public information officer for more information on how to access tickets.
**Guest must be 18 or older.
PUBLIC GATES OPEN: 1, 1B, 2, 4, 5B Media, 6, 7, Vehicle, 7 South, 9A, 10, 10A
STANDS OPEN: Mounds: Turn 2, Turn 3, Turn 4. Stands: B Penthouse (22-25), Gasoline Alley Roof, E Stand, E Penthouse, North Vista wheelchair, Northwest Vista (1-4), Northwest Vista Deck, Paddock (9-12), Pit Road Terrace, South Terrace, South Wheelchair Deck, Tower Terrace Wheelchair, Tower Terrace (37-42).
PARKING LOTS OPEN: (Inside Lots 10 a.m.) Limited Free: North 40, Turn 3, Lot 3P. ADA: 3P (free), Hulman lot (limited free), West Museum (limited free), North 40.
IMS MUSEUM HOURS: 10 a.m.-5 p.m., $15 IMS Gate Admission for Indianapolis 500 practice plus Museum Admission ($10 Adult, $5 Ages 6-15, Free 5 and under). Entrance into the grounds is free of charge on non-event days. However, during events the Indianapolis Motor Speedway charges an admission fee or requires a ticket to enter the grounds. This general admission fee or ticket price does not include admission to the Museum.
- SCHEDULE | Practice resumes Wednesday for the Indianapolis 500
- Veterans, rookies to turn laps for Indianapolis 500 practice
- SCHEDULE | Drivers hit the track for third day of Indy 500 practice at IMS
- Officials unveil pace car for this year’s Indianapolis 500
- Hemsworth to serve as Indianapolis 500 honorary starter
- Will Power takes checkered flag in 2018 Indianapolis 500
- Man auctioning off collection of 16 pace cars from the Indianapolis 500
- Indianapolis native, Butler grad Ed Carpenter claims third career Indy 500 pole
- Bizarre things found on Resumes
- Annual 'Take Back the Night' event scheduled for Wednesday