INDIANAPOLIS, Ind. (WTTV) — It’s Fast Friday at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway!
Fast Friday is the final day of practice before qualifying this weekend–and race teams will try to find all the speed they can ahead of Saturday’s Bump Day and Sunday’s Pole Day.
Graham Rahal turned the fastest laps Thursday, with Tony Kanaan, Marco Andretti, Ed Carpenter and Sage Karam rounding out the fast five.
For Friday, gates open to the public at 10 a.m. Drivers will practice from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Here’s a look at the schedule:
8 a.m.-6 p.m.: Ticket and Credential Office Open
10 a.m.: Public Gates Open
10 a.m.-6 p.m.: IMS Midway Open
11 a.m.-6 p.m.: Indianapolis 500 Practice
6 p.m.: Public Gates Close
6:15 p.m.: Harding Group Fastest Lap Award – Victory Podium
6:15 p.m.: Indianapolis 500 Qualifying Draw – IndyCar Fan Village, Midway
TICKETS: $15 (General Admission). Kids 15 and under are free accompanied by adult with ticket.
PUBLIC GATES OPEN: 1, 1B, 2, 3, 4, 5B Media, 6, 7, Vehicle, 7 South, 9A, 10, 10A
STANDS OPEN: Mounds: Turn 2, Turn 3, Turn 4, Backstretch. Stands: B Penthouse (22-25), Gasoline Alley Roof, E Stand (1-4), E Penthouse, North Vista wheelchair, Northwest Vista (1-4), Northwest Vista Deck, Paddock (9-12), Paddock Penthouse (10-20) Pit Road Terrace, South Terrace, South Wheelchair Deck, Tower Terrace Wheelchair, Tower Terrace (37-42).
PARKING LOTS OPEN: (Inside Lots 10 a.m.) Limited Free: North 40, Turn 3. ADA: Lot 3P (paid daily), Hulman lot (limited free), West Museum (limited free), North 40 (free), Lot 2 (paid daily).
IMS MUSEUM HOURS: 10 a.m.-5 p.m., $15 IMS Gate Admission for Indianapolis 500 plus Museum Admission ($10 Adult, $5 Ages 6-15, Free 5 and under). Entrance into the grounds is free of charge on non-event days. However, during events the Indianapolis Motor Speedway charges an admission fee or requires a ticket to enter the grounds. This general admission fee or ticket price does not include admission to the Museum.
- SCHEDULE | Drivers hit the track for Fast Friday at IMS
- SCHEDULE | Drivers hit the track for third day of Indy 500 practice at IMS
- IMS Historian makes a stop in Brazil
- ‘Smoke’ in the Indy 500? Tony Stewart considering 2019 return to IMS
- NASCAR teams at IMS honor little boy who wanted race stickers to cover his casket
- Trooper hit by drunk driver
- Vincennes releases leaf pickup schedule
- First driver-less car hits the market in Terre Haute
- Semi driver cited after hitting INDOT truck in Vermillion County
- Bus Driver Shortage Across Indiana Hits Vigo County