ROCK HILL, S.C. -- A South Carolina woman is accused of killing her husband by poisoning him with eye drops.
Lana Sue Clayton was charged with the murder of her husband, Stephen, after poisonous levels of tetrahydrozoline was discovered in his system.
That chemical is found in eye drops.
According to police, Clayton admitted to giving her husband the substance without his knowledge over a period of several days.
Neighbors of the couple told CNN affiliate WSCO that the couple had been married for eight years.
- S.C. woman accused of killing husband with eye drops
- Snow day? No, Beyonce day lets SC students out early
- Drug companies want Supreme Court to take eye drop dispute
- 14 Worms Pulled From Oregon Woman's Eye
- Sentencing date set for woman accused of killing her boyfriend
- Several eye drops and ointment sold at Walgreens and Walmart recalled
- Judge accepts a plea deal for a man accused of killing a person at the Dew Drop Inn
- Vigo County woman receives work release after she admits to stabbing husband
- Woman caught having affair when Uber driver turns out to be her husband
- Local tattoo artists host benefit to help woman after losing her husband in motorcycle accident