CLARK COUNTY, Ill. (WTHI) - News 10 is working to gather more information about an accident in Clark County, Illinois.
According to the Clark County, Illinois Coroner, Route 1 South of Marshall is closed at this time.
That's because of an accident.
Illinois State Police say the accident is at Illinois Route 1 and Ernst Road. An officer on-scene told us the accident involved a semi-truck and a car. ISP says traffic is shut down in both directions at this time.
The Clark County Sheriff's Office says the detour going south will consist of travelling southeast on Ernst Road to 1050th Road and back west to IL Route 1. Travelers going north will go east on 1050th Road to Ernst Road and back northwest to IL Route 1. The office says the actual detour should only be a few minutes if traffic continues to move freely.
The Coroner says the road will stay closed until possibly around noon Saturday.
He says more information will be released at a later time.
- Route 1 South of Marshall closed due to accident, officials say
- Marshall city officials meet over pool costs
- One lane of U.S. 41 was closed Thursday south of Lyford after accident
- United Methodist Village to close South campus
- Honey Creek Mall store officially closes
- UPDATE: Officials confirm victim in truck accident has died
- Springfield's Lincoln Home closed due to government shutdown
- 15th and Crawford closed due to water main leak
- Parts of local park closed...again due to high water
- Fire crews forced to let Marshall fire burn due to flame intensity