VIGO COUNTY, Ind. (WTHI) - A teacher is facing charges in Vigo County is facing charges for sex crimes involving a student.
The Vigo County Sheriff's Office arrested 35-year-old Gina Richey.
She is facing charges of child seduction.
Richey was a teacher at Rosedale Elementary School in Parke County.
During this time, police say she had a sexual relationship with a Riverton Parke High School student. Deputies believe that relationship had been going on for some time.
The alleged incidents happened in Vigo County.
Earlier this month the Southwest Parke Community School Corporation released a statement. School officials didn't name the teacher at the time but said the teacher resigned.
The corporation also said it fired a teacher's assistant who knew about the situation but didn't report it.
Richey is set to appear in court in Vigo County on Thursday.
- Rosedale teacher charged with sex crimes against a student
- Rosedale student pens letters to nursing home residents
- One arrested after Rosedale shots fired call
- Rosedale receives third Community Crossing grant
- Paris woman arrested on child sex crime charges
- American Legion in Rosedale holds flag retirement ceremony
- Multiple agencies responded to house fire in Rosedale
- Rosedale is the place to be for strawberry lovers
- Car flips on Rosedale Road and Rio Grande
- Rosedale kids get a big donation to help with ILEARN