PARKE COUNTY, Ind. (WTHI) - A Rockville man is facing two counts of child seduction.
Parke and Clay County deputies arrested 55-year-old John Staggs on Thursday night.
Staggs is a cadet program advisor at the Bellmore Fire Department.
According to court documents, Staggs had a sexual relationship with a juvenile fire cadet.
He reportedly initiated a game of 'hide and seek' at the firehouse to have sex with the female.
During a search of his home police also seized a number of electronic devices as evidence.
Staggs remains in the Parke County Jail on a $15,000 cash bond.
In a statement, representatives from the Bellmore Fire Department said Staggs was terminated from the department. You can see that full statement below.
- Bellmore Fire Department cadet program advisor arrested for having sex with an underage female cadet
- Cadet killed, 22 injured in training rollover at West Point
- Powerful image shows Atlanta Braves fan holding umbrella over JROTC cadet
- Cadet injured in wreck is healing and back at training camp according to father
- Bellmore FD captures photos of high water near Mansfield Bridge
- 72 people arrested for underage drinking in Edgar County
- Sex Offender Arrested
- Wabash Valley fire department puts drone program to work
- Indiana governor to launch coding program for female inmates
- Parks department hosts holiday recycling program