PARKE COUNTY, Ind. (WTHI) - A local food pantry will receive a big boost thank to a Wabash Valley correctional facility.
It all started with a friendly competition among the staff at the Rockville Correctional Facility in Parke County.
They were working to help the Parke County Food Pantry.
According to a release, the winner of the competition was 'H Bracket' after they contributed 393 items.
In total, 1,237 items were collected by the staff at the facility.
The food pantry provides food to around 350 Parke County homes.
- Rockville Correctional Facility staff compete to make a big donation to food pantry
- Former Rockville Correctional Facility employee charged with official misconduct
- Restaurant chain donates to local food pantries
- Mobile food pantry makes stop in Dana
- Meijer's Simply Give program donates $75,000 to local food pantry
- Woman convicted in brutal 1992 slaying of 12-year-old Indiana girl released from Rockville Correctional Facility
- Man arrested for trafficking with an inmate at Rockville Correctional Facility
- Correctional Officer arrested for trafficking at Wabash Valley Correctional Facility
- Visitor Arrest at Putnamville Correctional Facility
- Organization received big donation