TERRE HAUTE, Ind. (WTHI) – Two Wabash Valley groups are joining forces to highlight a serious issue.
Suicide is a leading cause of death in the United States. September is national suicide prevention month and those who have lost loved ones are encouraging you to be the one to ask.
The Jeep Junkies group partnered with Team of Mercy to organize a suicide awareness ride. Team of Mercy is a local non-profit helping families after a person commits suicide. Many members have been impacted by suicide themselves. They say they hope events like this encourage people to talk about the issue and give them the courage to ask if they think a loved one is struggling.
- Ride raises awareness of suicide
- Pushing out suicide awareness
- Runners in Vincennes run to raise suicide awareness
- Raising awareness for child abuse
- Team of Mercy partners with Jeep Junkies to raise suicide awareness
- Team of Mercy Jeep and Motorcycle Run raises thousands for suicide awareness
- News 10 answers the 22 Push Up Challenge to raise awareness for suicide in the military
- Business raises money for autism awareness
- Symposium raises awareness on rural opioid crisis
- Stepping Out of the Darkness for Suicide Awareness