RICHLAND COUNTY, Ill. (WTHI) - Richland County is home to the 2020 Illinois Teacher of the Year.
The State Board of Education announced the big honor on Monday.
Eric Combs is the band teacher at Richland County Middle School.
Earlier this year, News 10 awarded him the Golden Apple Award.
Mr. Combs started an instrument loan program. He also developed a system for personalized music instruction.
- Richland County teacher earns honors as Illinois Teacher of the Year
- Richland county schools recover from Illinois budget crisis
- Teachers and students work around renovations at Richland County High School
- Illinois Senate votes to raise teacher salaries
- Illinois schools continue to face teacher shortage
- Richland county gets new school superintendent
- Richland County prepares with active shooter training
- Richland County moves forward on renovation project
- 33 teachers and administrators honored in banquet
- Schools across Illinois struggle to find substitute teachers