TERRE HAUTE, Ind. (WTHI) - The proposed location for a new Vigo County Jail is now in the hands of Terre Haute city leaders.
This week, city council members will vote to rezone a part of 'Stu's Golf Course.'
That is behind Honey Creek Mall.
That's where county commissioners hope to build the new jail facility.
President Brad Anderson said it is not a done deal just yet.
He told us it is always a tough call when the decision is out of their control.
"It's kind of in their hands now...to see if they will zone it in the correct way. They told us at one-time f we didn't take the IP (International Paper) property, they would do it. We'll see if they're true to their word," Anderson said.
City leaders will vote on Thursday night.
- Rezoning request for proposed new jail site in Terre Haute City Council's hands
- Terre Haute City Council hears rezoning proposal for potential Vigo County Jail location
- City council could soon take up rezoning vote for the proposed Vigo County jail site
- DENIED: Terre Haute City Council says no to International Paper rezoning request
- Attorney Handling Jail Rezoning Request Abruptly Retires
- Rezoning eastside property discussed at Terre Haute City Council meeting
- Terre Haute City Council approved the rezoning for a new jail location
- The vote is in: Terre Haute City Council approved the rezoning for a new jail location
- Terre Haute City Councilwoman says she has not made up her mind about rezoning request
- County submits rezoning request, group pushes for other uses of possible jail site