TERRE HAUTE, Ind. (WTHI) - On Thursday, members of the Terre Haute City Council talked about an ordinance to rezone an area for proposed condominiums.
We are talking about Park Place Condominiums LLC.
The developer has a plan to build about 80 units on the property located near Fruitridge and Poplar.
The homes would be sold and not rented.
The developer said he wants the area to be rezoned from single family to a two-family residential.
The developer will not buy the property from Beau Monde LLC without the rezoning.
Council members heard the request on Thursday.
The did not take any action.
The Area Planning Commission and Vigo County Council will also weigh in on the project.
- Rezoning eastside property discussed at Terre Haute City Council meeting
- Take Two: Terre Haute City Council to meet for a second time to rezone International Paper property for jail
- Brainstorming underway to further develop Terre Haute's eastside
- Terre Haute Regional Airport leaders excited about eastside growth
- DENIED: Terre Haute City Council says no to International Paper rezoning request
- Rezoning request for proposed new jail site in Terre Haute City Council's hands
- Terre Haute City Council hears rezoning proposal for potential Vigo County Jail location
- Terre Haute City Council approved the rezoning for a new jail location
- The vote is in: Terre Haute City Council approved the rezoning for a new jail location
- City council approves rezoning historic Terre Haute home for a bed and breakfast