SULLIVAN COUNTY, Ind. (WTHI) - The Sullivan County Sheriff’s Office reports one of their retired K-9 Officers passed away Wednesday night.
Sheriff Clark Cottom reports the K-9 Riko went on duty with the Sullivan County Sheriff’s Office in October of 2008. He served as a K-9 Officer until November of 2013.
Riko was a 12-year-old Belgian Malinois.
A "last call" will be broadcast on the Sullivan County Sheriff's frequency Thursday at 3 p.m. A time which corresponds with the end of a shift.
- Retired Sullivan County K-9 'Riko' passes away
- THPD K-9 Luca retires due to health issues
- Sullivan County Ambulance update
- Retired long-time Vigo County Deputy passes away
- Tractor stolen in Sullivan County
- Retired teachers in Sullivan County doing their part to make a difference
- Manhunt in Sullivan County for wanted man
- Sullivan County Humane Society receives $1,000 grant
- Early Morning Fatal Crash in Sullivan County
- LOCATED: Police find missing Sullivan County woman