TERRE HAUTE, Ind. (WTHI) - Valentine's Day is big money day for area restaurants.
We stopped by J Ford's Black Angus in downtown Terre Haute.
The kitchen staff was preparing food for the big crowd.
The chefs a J Ford's are expecting more than 150 people on Valentine's Day.
They say it it's a busy couple of days because of where the holiday falls.
"Having Valentine's Day on a Wednesday, we get business before. So, the weekend before, we have a lot of people come in and this weekend's going to be busy for us too for the people who didn't get to come in and this weekend is going to be busy for us too, for the people who didn't get to come in and enjoy this night with us," Sous Chef Chris Shelton said.
Shelton said he has prepared several special holiday entrees and desserts.
- Restaurants gear up for the Valentine's Day rush
- Flower shop gears up for hundreds of Valentine's deliveries
- Sales skyrocket this Valentine's Day
- Valentine's Day run benefits Vigo County YMCA
- Clabber Girl hosts Valentine's Day event
- Baesler's Market feels game day rush for Super Bowl
- Sullivan restaurant gearing up for the move to the town square
- Why flowers get so expensive on Valentine's Day
- New airport restaurant restaurant ready for takeoff
- ISU students gearing up for move-in day