TERRE HAUTE, Ind. (WTHI) - A restaurant used Labor Day to say 'thank you' to emergency workers.
Olive Garden delivered meals to fire stations, ambulance barns, and police departments around the country.
In Terre Haute, workers dropped off lunch at Trans-Care. News 10 was there Monday afternoon as workers enjoyed their lunch.
They told us they appreciate the meal as they'll be working hard just like any other day, "We're going be running around helping people in any way we can, whether it's taking people home from the hospital or taking them to other hospitals, or responding to 911. We just try to be here and do what we've been doing for the past 25 years," said Nick Miller, Shift Supervisor at Trans-Care.
- Restaurant thanks first responders with delivered meal
- Drive at local restaurant chain will help 1,500 kids get a meal
- New airport restaurant restaurant ready for takeoff
- Meals on Wheels holds third annual Share a Meal fundraiser
- Organization serves community Thanksgiving meal
- Church offers free Thanksgiving meals
- Free books delivered to kids
- Meals on Wheels hosts fundraiser dinner
- ISU students team up with Million Meals
- Meals on Wheels receives some special help