TERRE HAUTE, Ind. (WTHI) - Residents at one local living facility got a little creative on Friday.
They participated in an event called "Pimp My Ride."
As part of the fun, residents decorated their wheelchairs in creative themes.
They even dressed up to match their rides.
They did it all with a little help from the staff at Springhill Village.
Organizers told us everyone had a great time
"This event...and all week long we celebrate what fun it is and what wonderful lives that they lead in skilled nursing care, whether its short term care or long term care, so it really is a celebration," Robin Collins said.
The event wrapped up 'National Nursing Home Week.'
- Residents at local care facility decorate their wheelchairs in 'Pimp My Ride' event
- Local event brings wheelchair awareness to Terre Haute residents
- Local care facility hosts cooking competition
- Kidney care facility opens Terre Haute location
- Indoor sports facility holds kick-off event
- Local care facility gets ready for the big game...by playing flag football
- State awaiting 'plan of correction' after investigation into care facility
- Golf event benefits local children
- Local assisted living facility holds grand opening
- Inspection interviews: Facility used residents' personal accounts to pay bills