VIGO COUNTY, Ind. (WTHI) - The new design for a Vigo County bridge is paying off.
Last May, the Cook Road Bridge washed out after major flooding.
That bridge had two large culverts underneath it.
That caused a lot of debris to get stuck, making the flooding worse.
After the rain, we checked on the new bridge design.
Crews say water and debris are flowing much more smoothly.
Officials say if things dry up on Tuesday, the bridge should be opened soon.
- Repaired bridge design holding up after storms, crews hope to reopen it soon
- Bridge closed while crews begin repair
- Vigo County bridge reopened after structural damage repaired
- Vigo County bridge reopens after months-long repair process
- Ohio Street reopens as crews repair a massive sinkhole
- Parke County covered bridge closed for repairs
- Crews make repairs to vandalized Vincennes statue
- Bridge repair on hold until Indiana Railroad responds to permit request
- Crews start construction on Vermillion County bridge
- North Knox Swimland hopes to reopen