TERRE HAUTE, Ind (WTHI) - An important reminder for you, tax day is July 15th!
An estimated 500,000 hoosiers still need to file their individual income taxes according to the Indiana Department of Revenue.
Due to the pandemic, the individual income tax season was extended from the traditional April 15th deadline to July 15th.
If you owe taxes, penaltie and interest can be avoided by paying 90% of the tax bill by the deadline.
For the most up-to-date information, forms, schedules, and instructions for the 2019 tax year, please visit IDOR’s website at: tax.illinois.gov. IDOR offices are currently closed to the public; taxpayers needing assistance can contact the department by phone at 800-732-8866 or via email (addresses available at tax.illinois.gov).
More information on INfreefile may be found on DOR’s website at www.freefile.dor.in.gov.
DOR offers several tax tips to assist individuals when filing their returns to avoid delaying their refund, including:
• Print all information in blue or black ink, if filing by paper.
• Do not staple any checks or returns.
• Don’t duplicate your filing (electronically and by paper), as this will cause processing delays.
• Be sure to send all W-2s and 1099s along with your return.
• If you receive any correspondence from DOR, respond quickly and accordingly.
A full list of tips can be found on DOR’s website at dor.in.gov/5804.htm.
Customers with questions about individual income taxes are encouraged to call DOR’s Customer Service team at 317-232-2240, Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. EST or by emailing IndividualTaxAssistance@dor.in.gov.