TERRE HAUTE, Ind. (WTHI) - A local family is finding ways to honor a loved one while giving back to others.
Part of this effort involves a blood drive, which happens on Thursday.
It's in honor of Garrett Sands.
Sands was shot and killed at a house party back in March in Vigo County.
Since then, family and friends have performed acts of kindness through community service projects.
It's all in an effort to help keep his memory alive.
The blood drive will be at Cobblestone Crossing Health Facility from 2:00 until 5:00.
- Remembering a loved one while saving lives; blood drive works to honor Garrett Sands
- Garrett Sands Kindness Project Food drive
- Remembering Garrett Sands through simple acts of kindness
- After another tragedy impacts the family of Garrett Sands, a planned blood drive will move forward
- Tattoo shop honors Garrett Sands with special designs
- School supplies donated in honor of Garrett Sands
- Funeral services Monday for Garrett Sands
- Garrett Sands vigil set for Thursday
- "...he brought his A game every day." Garrett Sands remembered by those who knew him
- Hundreds celebrate the life of William Garrett Sands